At Okuma Fishing Tackle, the expectation is that every product, at every price, be the absolute best it can be. And as new technologies become available, our customers need to benefit. With this in mind, redeveloped EVx Musky rods take an award-winning rod line and make it even better. Specific EVx Musky rod actions have not changed. The blanks continue to be constructed from powerful and responsive 24-Ton carbon. One primary difference, however, is that new models are now equipped with Okuma UFR, Unidirectional Fiber Reinforcement, technology. UFR adds a layer of unidirectional fiber to the tip section of the rod. This seamless integration delivers a 3X increase in strength and lifting power in the tip. Functionally, UFR fortifies the tip against breakage when casting heavy lures or putting hard hooksets on big pike and musky right near the boat.
EVx B-Series Musky rods also include upgraded rod guides. The guide system now features Sea Guide double-foot, deep-press stainless steel guide frames. The tip guide features Sea Guide’s “RS” ring for unmatched hardness and durability. The guide system anticipates braided lines and provides rock-solid foundation and a long service life.
• Responsive and durable 24-ton carbon rod blanks
• UFR: Unidirectional Fiber Reinforced rod tip technology
• UFR technology increases rod tip lifting power by 3 times
• Double foot deep press stainless steel Sea Guide frames
• Specialized RS tip insert for unmatched hardness and durability
• Premium cork Split grip configuration on standard models
• Full cork rear grip configuration on “FG” models
• All models feature a contoured 5-1/2” cork foregrip
• Telescopic “T”: Easy storage and longer casting distance
• Stainless steel hook keepers to accommodate large baits.
• EVx “b” Musky rods are backed by a limited lifetime warranty